What It's About

Welcome to my blog! I ruminate on random thoughts rattling around in my brain. Subjects range from reality TV to current events and everything in between. Whether you agree with me or not, I welcome your comments. God gave you the ability to think for yourself, and this country was founded based on the right to have your own opinion. Who am I to question that? Hope you enjoy! And, if you like to shop on the internet, or have always wanted to try, please feel free to click on one of the banners on the left. Do admit I get a small commission for anything you buy through the links. Appreciate it if you do decide to buy something!

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Really?

Want to start by saying I am not a big fan of the Obamas. Didn't vote for the man and am not sure where he's going to take our country. Didn't really like him comparing himself to Lincoln before he even took office. Don't think he can be THAT good of a president. Then again, there are 42 others (and many more to come) who weren't, either. But, I'm willing to give him a chance. As a friend of mine told me, "I didn't vote for him, but I hope he makes me want to in 4 years. It will mean he's done a pretty good job."

That being said, I can't understand why people are criticizing Mrs. Obama for hugging Queen Elizabeth. Is their life under such a microscope that something as silly as that is a news story?! PUH-leease!!!!! Guess that's the normal news cycle, though. Really build someone up, then start chipping away at the pedestal you just put them on. It all started when folks started yammering about her wearing a sleeveless dress.

I am all for public debate. But, talk about things that really matter when it comes to President Obama like how is spending trillions (which it will be before it's all said and done) of dollars we don't have going to save our economy? We're in this mess now because the bill for the last 40-50 years has come due. Or, why spend billions keeping auto companies out of bankruptcy? The country somehow survived when Packard and Hudson went out of business. Or, if you think health insurance is difficult now, just imagine how it will be if the Feds take it over.

If this Democratic president also decides to use his wife to set public policy or if she somehow starts WWIII by not hugging Putin, then I say she will be fair game. Until then, leave her alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment