What It's About

Welcome to my blog! I ruminate on random thoughts rattling around in my brain. Subjects range from reality TV to current events and everything in between. Whether you agree with me or not, I welcome your comments. God gave you the ability to think for yourself, and this country was founded based on the right to have your own opinion. Who am I to question that? Hope you enjoy! And, if you like to shop on the internet, or have always wanted to try, please feel free to click on one of the banners on the left. Do admit I get a small commission for anything you buy through the links. Appreciate it if you do decide to buy something!

Sunday, July 12, 2009

More Thoughts

More thoughts inspired by the iPod:
  • Funny how Van Halen is primarily known for Eddie's awesome guitar skills, but, their two biggest hits on the charts are "Jump" and "Right Now," both which feature Eddie on the keyboard.
  • Apocalyptica's remake of Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters" is very haunting in an awesome kind of way. They remade it using nothing but cellos. Pretty awesome, and that's one of my least favorite Metallica songs.
  • Jerry Clower can really tell a tale. Ray Stevens is pretty funny, too.
  • Sting don't sound nowhere near as much like me as he used to. He's about a quarter octave higher now. Used to sound just like me when we sang "Every Move You Make" and "Wrapped Around Your Finger."
  • Hard to believe U2 has been around almost 30 years. "New Year's Day" is just as good as it was when it first came out in the early 80's.
  • Wonder if Extreme's "Hole Hearted" is really about a spiritual journey? The lyrics will make you think.
  • Seems odd to me that the Doobie Brothers opened their concert with "Rockin' Down the Highway" and ended with "Listen to the Music" rather than the other way around.
  • Night Ranger's "Sister Christian" always makes me think of Joel Riggins, a friend who died after a car wreck when we were in high school. He was a big Night Ranger fan and that song was just becoming popular when it happened.
  • Still regret not going to see Living Colour when they came to town. Didn't go cuz could have cared less about the band they were touring with, some band called the Rolling something or anothers.
  • Wonder if the person who wrote "Whiskey In the Jar" almost 300 years ago could have ever imagined a band like Metallica would eventually remake their song?

Still have the blog about some of my travels kicking around in me head. Been having connectivity problems so haven't been able to get it onto paper, so to speak.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment