What It's About

Welcome to my blog! I ruminate on random thoughts rattling around in my brain. Subjects range from reality TV to current events and everything in between. Whether you agree with me or not, I welcome your comments. God gave you the ability to think for yourself, and this country was founded based on the right to have your own opinion. Who am I to question that? Hope you enjoy! And, if you like to shop on the internet, or have always wanted to try, please feel free to click on one of the banners on the left. Do admit I get a small commission for anything you buy through the links. Appreciate it if you do decide to buy something!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Little Bit of Fun

Time for a blog, but ain’t feeling very political these days.  SueMac on the Run had the following questions on her blog the other day.  Thought I’d take a crack at them just for funsies. 

And, awaaayyyyy we go:

1.   You have $100 to spend on a fun present for yourself.  What are you going to buy?

Not really sure.  Probably let my wife and/or kids spend it on something they wanted.  It’s more fun watching them buy stuff than buy stuff myself.  But, if I had to spend it on myself, would probably give it to the sushi chef and tell him to keep surprising me until the money runs out.  Always wanted to do that.  Mmmmmmm.  Suuuuuuushiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

2.    Accomplishment I'm most proud of...... 

The thing I’m most proud of in my life are my wife and kids, but wouldn’t really consider them accomplishments, so to speak.  More like blessings.  Think I would have to say the accomplishments I’m most proud of are every time I make someone laugh.  Very few things in life feel better than laughter.  We should all be proud of any time we can make someone laugh, whether it’s with us or at us.  OK, maybe more with us.

3.    What’s your favorite smell?

Hard to narrow it down to just one cuz have lots of favorite food smells ranging from my wife’s roast beef cooking in the crock pot to my grandmother’s apple pies.  But, if had to choose one thing to smell the rest of my life, would probably choose cedar trees.  Not the hard-core-knock-you-off-your-feet smell of a cedar chest.  Just the smell you get when you are standing next to a tree or two.  Love it!

4.    You’re dream car

A Jeep CJ-7, which for you youngsters out there, was the Jeep Wrangler before folks got excited about vehicle rollovers.  Have always wanted one.

5.    Favorite Season

Fall.  Just something about the leaves changing colors, the air getting cooler, football on Saturdays, and lots of other things that make this my favorite season.

6.    Favorite Way to Relax

Favorite way by myself:  Settin’ in the woods or on the water watching nature come by.  Hard to beat that getting-away-from-it-all feeling I get whenever I get the chance.  Hope to pass that feeling along to my children someday.  Favorite way with others: Vacationing with the family.  Don’t really matter where, either. 

7.    What was your favorite candy as a kid?

Anything with chocolate and caramel.  Always fondest of the Marathon bar.  Don’t think they even make those any more…

8.    It’s a cold winter day, you’re home alone.  Now what?

Put on a pair of shorts and a sweatshirt.  Wrap up in a blanket.  Find some sort of sports on TV.  Take a nap.  Might even skip step #3…

Well, those are my answers.  Feel free to share what yours would be.  Hope you’re enjoying the 80’s music.

Y’all have a good’n!

No comments:

Post a Comment