What It's About

Welcome to my blog! I ruminate on random thoughts rattling around in my brain. Subjects range from reality TV to current events and everything in between. Whether you agree with me or not, I welcome your comments. God gave you the ability to think for yourself, and this country was founded based on the right to have your own opinion. Who am I to question that? Hope you enjoy! And, if you like to shop on the internet, or have always wanted to try, please feel free to click on one of the banners on the left. Do admit I get a small commission for anything you buy through the links. Appreciate it if you do decide to buy something!

Friday, March 26, 2010

My Takes

Both of you who read this blog are probably wondering why I haven’t had any comments on the news lately.  Well, as you may have seen, been on vacation part of the time.  And, it’s been kind of slow in the news department so just haven’t been motivated to write…What’s that you say?  There has been some news?  Are you serious?  Just kidding.  Just needed to blog on the funner stuff first.

So, in case you’re curious about my thoughts, here we go: 
  • So, healthcare reform finally passed.  Not real sure what I think about it to be honest.  Am happy there’s no “public option”…yet, anyway.  Have to imagine that will be debated again in the years to come.  From what I’ve read and heard about the current version, am willing to see what will happen.  Although my instincts are not real happy about it, my rational side hasn’t seen anything that really upsets me.  Am certainly not like the nut mentioned in U S Common Sense or any of the other people out there threatening Congressmen with physical harm.  Reactions like that just cause more people to turn agin ya rather than fer ya.  If you really want to hurt a politician, vote against him and/or donate to his opponent;
  • Have been hearing all the hullaballoo about VP Biden dropping the mother of all curse words before some press conference on healthcare.  Nobody ever said he was the brightest bulb in the bunch, but think this is being way overblown.  I’m of the same opinion expressed by Seth Frederikson in his blog.  You should definitely think before saying something like that in front of microphones and cameras.  As a disclaimer, while I agree with Mr. F’s take on this situation, I did not vote, will not vote, and certainly did not work to elect nor will work to re-elect the current administration.  But, just cuz we don’t see eye-to-eye politically, don’t mean we can’t get along and just agree to disagree on some things.  Anyway, learned all I needed to about Ol’ Joe when he plagiarized a speech way back when he ran for the Oval Office.   Bottom line, if you’re going to be dropping f-bombs, only load them in the bomb bay doors when you are far from the never blinking eyes and ears of the media;
  • Have read a little about the lesbian in Mississippi causing the prom to be cancelled.  Now, if she wants to wear a tux and bring a girl with her to the dance, that’s her business as far as I’m concerned.  My issue is why did she ask for permission in the first place?  The conspiracy theorist in me thinks she got the answer she was hoping for so she could draw attention to herself and/or her cause.  Could be wrong, but…Otherwise, why not just show up with who she wants to be with wearing whatever she wants?  And, of course, the media has played along just like the lapdogs they are.  But, reckon if idiots like me didn’t click on the links to read the stories, they wouldn’t follow these stories…;
  • The Indian military has made a weapon out of the bhut jolokia, a.k.a. – the world’s hottest pepper.  It’s a bomb which guess can be called the nuclear bomb of all the tear gasses.  To give you an idea of just how hot these peppers are, a jalapeno rates up to 8,000 units on the scale used to judge the heat in peppers.  This one rates at over 1,000,000.  Pretty dang hot.  The plan is to use it as a non-lethal weapon in their war against terrorism.  Reckon they figure to smoke more information out of them by turning up the heat.  The article also said they are looking to develop it for civilian self-defense.  Talk about too hot to handle;
  • Have you heard of Corey Poitier?  He’s a Republican running for Congress in Florida.  The other day he made a comparison to Buckwheat in one of his campaign speeches.  People have interpreted it to say he was talking about his Dem opponent (who is black) or President Obama.  So, you’re thinking just another white, male Pub without a clue, right?  As one sports dude would say, not so fast, my Friend.  Mr. Poitier is actually black.  For the record, he says he was referring to the healthcare bill and not to anyone in specific. (Guess I would, too)   He also said he and his brother have used that term for years and it essentially means “dummy” to them.  To me, just goes to show there’s people on both sides of the aisle who need to think before they open their pie hole;
  • Been an exciting year for the NCAA tournament this year.  Lots o’ good upsets.  This is what sports should be all about.  Everyone has a chance and folks love to root for the underdogs.  People say the basketball tournament proves that a football playoff would work.  Not so sure about that cuz, in college football, people like for the powerhouses to win the championship.  Anywho, as of tonight, the SEC still has two teams left so I’m still really interested.  If and when they go out, will only remain interested enough so my sports-minded friends will still think I’m cool.  OK, sort of cool.  Well, not as big of a geek…hopefully;
  • Was looking at my friend suggestions on Facebook the other day.  Some of them I understood cuz we have mutual friends.  Some of the others made no sense at all cuz, not only do we not have any mutual friends, got no idea who they are in the first place.  Just wonder what criteria they use to make those suggestions;
  • Still thinking about the Twitter thing.  Have almost made the decision to try it out although I’m not really sure why.  Might be a little too long-winded for the 140 character limit.  Will have to see;
  • A friend of mine said he went through a drive-thru the other day and they asked him if it was for here or to go.  Guess someone was having a long day.
Well, that’s all for now.  As always, thanks for making it to the end with me.  March 27 marks the one year anniversary of my very first blog.  Where does the time go?  Want to thank every one of y’all who let me clear out the voices in me noggin.  Well, quiet ‘em down, anyway.

Y’all have a great weekend now! Ya hear?

1 comment:

  1. Glad you joined us on Twitter.... I love it! Happy Bloggiversary, a little early!

    ReplyDelete