What It's About

Welcome to my blog! I ruminate on random thoughts rattling around in my brain. Subjects range from reality TV to current events and everything in between. Whether you agree with me or not, I welcome your comments. God gave you the ability to think for yourself, and this country was founded based on the right to have your own opinion. Who am I to question that? Hope you enjoy! And, if you like to shop on the internet, or have always wanted to try, please feel free to click on one of the banners on the left. Do admit I get a small commission for anything you buy through the links. Appreciate it if you do decide to buy something!

Monday, October 5, 2009

Shallow Thoughts

Do any of you remember the old Saturday Night Live vignettes Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey? Well, these are some of my shallow thoughts, but thought I would pay homage to him, anyway. Loved those things. Anyway...

  • Tried to watch Monday Night Football tonight, but all the Brett Favre worship is making me sick. Yes, he is one of the all-time greats of the game. But, every time he completes a pass you would think it was the greatest pass ever thrown and no one else in the NFL could have done it. Just reminds me why I hardly ever watch ESPN anymore. Too much hype and not enough substance. Oh brother;
  • Can't really figure out why some media folks are making such a big deal about David Letterman and his office romances. Doubt he's much of a role model to kids, especially since most of them are in bed when his show comes on. He's never really been one to take the moral high-ground, either. At least he didn't when I used to watch his show. He's an entertainer. He's not a journalist or anything else where he has to establish credibility. He makes his living telling jokes. Now, don't get me wrong, not saying what he's done is acceptable to me. But, he's human, which means he's a sinner just like the rest of us;
  • Went to the doctor today and had high blood pressure. Bet my bloodwork will show I have high cholesterol, too. Thought my recent diet and exercise would help all that. Guess I'm getting old. Probably can't expect to erase years of not paying attention to my health in just a few months, either;
  • Did you watch Amazing Race Sunday night? Loved Phil's line to the attorney, "Looks like the gazelles and zebras are outrunning the lion right now." That dude's been bragging about how he's the lion and the rest of the contestants are his prey and also talking about how smart he is. He gets lost just about every time he gets out of the cab or off the plane. Reminds me of the old joke where the "smartest man in the world" grabs the backpack instead of the parachute;
  • Today my daughter told me I had a great job. When I asked why she thought that, she said because the people I work with really like her. The things a child thinks. Wouldn't it be nice if adults would think that way sometimes?

Only five more days until the Susan G Komen, a great and wonderful cause, 5K. If you are a woman, or just love one, please make sure you check (or remind them to check) for lumps on a regular basis. You can never be too cautious about something like that.

Peace out.

1 comment: